Effective Date: September 20, 2022
1. Managing Your Information Preferences
2. Information We Obtain
We may obtain certain personal information about you that you choose to provide to us, including any information you choose to include in your account or in communications with us. We also collect personal information from merchants and partners who offer our protection plans on their websites or other distribution channels. The personal information we obtain includes:
- Contact information, such as name, email and postal address, and phone number;
- Information about the product covered by your Extend plan, such as the type of product, the product’s serial number, the date and amount of the purchase, and the manufacturer;
- Information about your Extend protection plan, such as your protection plan ID, the type of plan you purchased, and the duration and coverage of your plan;
- Claims information, such as your claim ID, a description of the nature and cause of the issue with the product, and claim status and disposition;
- Other personal information you provide to us, such as through emails, phone conversations, or online chats.
Information We Obtain by Automated Means
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please note, however, that certain features of the Services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics and Hotjar. The information we obtain through the Services may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For further details about Hotjar, visit https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001323967-About-Hotjar.
Advertising and Online Tracking
To learn how to opt-out of interest-based advertising, www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
3. How We Use the Information We Obtain
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our Services, and manage our relationship with you;
- Establish and manage your account with us, and identify and authenticate you so you can access and use our Services;
- Process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with our Services;
- Personalize your experience with our Services;
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our Services and prevent misuse;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our Services) and provide customer support;
- Manage career opportunities at Extend;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our Services (including managing the Services, developing new services and offerings; enhancing and improving our Services; managing our communications; analyzing our Services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and obtain consent to the extent required by law.
4. Information We Share
We share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share the information we obtain with insurance companies and the merchant or partner from which you purchased a product to offer, provide and administer our Services. In addition, we share the information we obtain about you with service providers and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf, such as hosting and maintenance of our databases and Site, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to lawful requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss, or to protect the safety, property, or rights of Extend or of any third party; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
5. Personal Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Services you may make certain of your personal information available to others. For example, when you post a service rating or a photo on the Site, other users may see your name (first name and last name initial), the city you live in and other information that you choose to make available to others. Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Services, that information may be accessed by others.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Services against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
7. Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
For your convenience and information, our Services may contain links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. Our Services also may allow others to send you such links. These online services and third-party features may be owned and operated by third parties that are independent of us. A link to a third party’s online service or feature does not mean that we endorse it or that we are affiliated with it. The information practices of the relevant third parties, including information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy notices of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any websites, apps or services that are not owned or controlled by Extend.
8. Children’s Privacy
The Services are intended for users who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
9. Data Transfers
We may transfer the personal information we obtain about you to the United States or other countries which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
11. Contact Us
Director of Information Security
CANADIAN CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your Rights. Canadian Privacy Laws provide individuals in Canada with the following rights:
- To be informed about the personal information that we hold about you;
- To receive an accounting of the third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information;
- To access the personal information we maintain about you;
- To be provided with information about how we process your personal information;
- To correct or supplement your personal information where you can demonstrate that it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Where appropriate, to have your corrected or supplemental personal information transmitted to third parties who have had access to your personal information.
Data Retention. Except as otherwise permitted or required by Canadian Privacy Laws or other applicable Canadian laws or regulations, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.